Our team is passionate about being an industry leader when it comes to the adoption of new technology and advancements. Digital dentistry may be defined in a broad scope as any dental technology or device that incorporates digital or computer-controlled components in contrast to that of mechanical or electrical alone. Here are some examples of digital dentistry:
- CAD/CAM imaging
- Caries diagnosis
- Computer-aided implant dentistry
- Digital radiography
- Electric and surgical/implant handpieces
- Practice and patient record management
What are the advantages of digital dentistry?
While there are certainly many advantages of digital dentistry there are three main benefits of using this cutting-edge technology.
- Improved efficiency – both cost and time
- Improved accuracy in comparison to previous methods
- A high level of predictability of outcomes
There are many other areas of digital dentistry available, and many more are being researched. It is an exciting time to be in the dental profession as more technologies are being introduced that make dentistry easier, faster, better and most importantly, enjoyable!